Challenging Academics, Critical Thinking, & Proficient Teachers
- Teachers challenge students with high academic standards that develop achievement, deep understanding, and high cognitive thinking.
- Teachers utilize a direct instructional approach to help students achieve mastery.
- Using a variety of methods in the classroom offers diverse learners more ways to engage in the classroom.
- Teachers’ high expectations inspire students to understand their abilities and achieve at a high level.
- Instruction that strives for deep understanding, not just lower level learning, develops thinking students.
- Electives, technology integration, and special events expand student’s learning beyond core academics.