Bible class is taught daily, and the students attend elementary chapel once a week. Reading is taught through phonics methods. Students should be able to perform simple reading by the end of the school year. Also by the end of kindergarten, students will be writing sentences in cursive. Numbers and math are taught through drills and manipulatives. Academics are taught at the beginning of the day. Arts, recess, and nap time are taken toward the end of the day. The school year concludes with the K-5 Graduation Program that showcases what they have learned. The students perform in a play, and then they receive their kindergarten diplomas.
In a week…
- All elementary students attend chapel one day a week.
- Kindergartners have music class and art class each week.
- Morning care opens at 7:15 AM, and Aftercare is provided from 3:30-6:00 PM.
In a year…
- Kindergartners usually take one field trip per quarter.
- The elementary students join with secondary students to serve those in need in our community through Operation Thanksgiving.
- A highlight of the kindergarten year is the end-of-the-year program and K-5 Graduation.